Responsible for all financial planning and analysis, reporting and compliance functions, including but not limited to, internal financial and SEC regulatory reporting.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for recording collaboration and grant revenue, including research and development funding from our collaboration partner.
- Responsible for accrual for preclinical and drug manufacturing expenses.
- Ensure timely analysis and account reconciliation, including preparation of monthly journal entries to the general ledger.
- Responsible for all external financial reporting, including quarterly and annual regulatory filings and other required filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Responsible for concurrent filing of XBRL exhibits with quarterly reports (Form 10-Q) and annual reports (Form 10-K).
- Sustain Company’s Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 compliance efforts with respect to SEC Reporting, related monthly close and other activities.
- Perform special projects and other analytical support as requested.
Works with all employees to assist in financial accounting matters.
Interaction (level of positions, nature of interaction, frequency):
Regularly interacts with company leaders and other employees regarding finance and accounting related matters.
Regularly interacts with external auditors (government and corporate) and vendors.
Amount of Supervision Received: Requires minimal-to-moderate level of supervision. Minimum supervision on routine matters, moderate supervision on more complex matters.
Education: BA/BS in Accounting/Finance.
Experience: 4-6 years related financial accounting experience. CPA with “big four” experience and/or public biotechnology or biopharmaceutical company experience required.
Skills and Capabilities: (Specific abilities needed for the position)
- Energetic, flexible team player and hands-on leader with the ability to manage in a dynamic environment. Diplomatic yet effective in garnering respect and cooperation from management of other function areas.
- Strong attention to details and accuracy.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including ability to communicate effectively with external parties and all levels of staff in a timely fashion.
- Time management and organizational skills. Ability to multi-task and effectively prioritize.
- Proficiency with MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Great Plains