We seek someone with demonstrated strength and success in project and program management to plan and execute on clinical stage therapeutic candidates. The candidate will plan and direct critical schedules and budgets and will ensure effective outcomes throughout all phases of a project. The Manager will drive the development of high-quality and integrated cross-functional plans in support of our projects. This person will be responsible for project performance, risk management, administration, financial management and issue resolution for the functioning group. The successful candidate applies best practices in the development, initiation, planning, execution, control and closing of projects.
- Oversees program plan development, tracks and updates milestones and key activities
- Establishes and maintains integrated project schedules to ensure accurate project, financial and portfolio analyses; aligns with functional partners and project sub-teams
- Collaborates with Clinical, Finance and Research and Development in the preparation of budgets, other resources and costs.
- Develops detailed project plans, milestones, timelines and corrective action.
- This person must build strong working relationships across departments, with key stakeholders and senior management.
- Effectively communicates with all levels within the organization, documents and maintains project team outcomes, activities and decisions.
- Facilitates project team meetings, cross-functional information sharing and ensures alignment.
- Balances conflicting priorities across multiple objectives or programs and has the ability to articulate risks and trade-offs.
- Manages and can operationalize a set of alliance partnerships to drive their success and growth.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with a diverse set of internal and partner contacts, including senior level executives.
- Facilitates ongoing communication to understand key interdependencies, drive decision-making, issue resolution and execution across collaborations, as well as keeping all stakeholders informed and up to date on collaboration details.
- Performs other duties as required.
Title and reporting structure is commensurate with experience.
Who We Seek
- BS or BA in Life Sciences. An advanced degree, MS,MBA or Ph.D.is preferred; however experience and accomplishment will be considered in lieu of advanced degree.
- The preferred candidate would have a PhD in chemistry, biology or biomedical engineering with excellent working scientific knowledge of all areas. He/she would have several years’ experience in biotech industry project management, particularly at the early and Phase 3 development stage and would have worked within the context of an active industry alliance
- Multidisciplinary knowledge of biotechnology/pharmaceuticals
- 5 years-experience in project management in support of drug development
- PMP and other certifications preferred
- Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with partners at all levels and across various disciplines.
- Expertise and accomplishment in drug development methodology, to include project management practices, methodology and tools
- Proven results in managing strategic alliance partnerships that have generated significant revenue through sell-with and sell-through models.
- Has financial acumen; can plan and manage budgets; metrics
- Excellent management, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail, action oriented and outcome focused
- Strong written, verbal and platform skills
- Experience in using project management software to manage budgets, timelines and outcomes
We participate in E-Verify, the US Government sponsored right-to-work verification process.