We are seeking a highly motivated Research Associate to perform animal work involved with the husbandry and technical procedures of laboratory rodents. Responsibilities include conducting pharmacokinetic studies and various pre-clinical pharmacology models, particularly models of immunology and cancer.
The candidate will report to the Senior Scientist, Manager of Vivarium Science. We expect the successful candidate to thrive in a dynamic environment, working on accelerated timelines, and enjoy creative and challenging work within a multidisciplinary team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performing and recording daily clinical observations for multiple animal models.
- Update and maintain study logs accurately and in a timely manner.
- Conduct pharmakonetic and toxicology studies in support of efficacy studies.
- Technical proficiency in animal dosing by various routes (IV, IP, SC, PO).
- Performing routine procedures such as weighing, blood collection and scoring of efficacy models.
- Assist in performing small animal surgery.
- Must be available for weekend and holiday rotations for dosing and monitoring of studies.
- Performing other related duties as required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and highly organized
- Ability to interact professionally with all employees and outside personnel.
- Able to work independently as well effectively and harmoniously as part of a team in a fast-paced research environment
- Proficiency with computers and standard application software.
- High school or GED required.
- Bachelor’s degree in science preferred. Practical knowledge of IACUC policies desired.
Minimum of 2 years of experience conducting and dosing of animal studies.
As an equal opportunity employer, ChemoCentryx, Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
ChemoCentryx, Inc. is enrolled in E-Verify® and participates in E-Verify® in addition to our Form I-9 process. www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
To all recruitment agencies: ChemoCentryx, Inc. does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not be responsible for the payment of placement fees related to unsolicited resumes submitted to open positions, job aliases, or to our employees.
We participate in E-Verify, the US Government sponsored right-to-work verification process.