Our Administrative Assistants are the glue that keeps our team together and the driving force that keeps our business moving forward. Reporting directly to the Head of Pharmaceutics, the Administrative Assistant will be part of an impactful group that keeps our executives well supported. In this role, you will handle a variety of professional assistance responsibilities to support the Head of Pharmaceutics and other members of the senior management team.
This role requires a strong attention to detail, lots of flexibility, keen insight and resourcefulness, and the ability to juggle projects with aggressive deadlines. This position requires a rapid pace, clear communications, a high level of discretion, critical thinking and impeccable judgement in handling sensitive and confidential information with advanced organizational and prioritization skills necessary for multitasking and keeping the Head of Pharmaceutics and senior management team members on track, on time, and informed in real-time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support Vice President-level Senior Management Team Members with calendaring, meeting prioritization, planning and coordinating off-site meetings and team events, booking travel and accommodations; attending team meetings as requested, and other tasks as assigned by the Executive(s)
- Maintain confidential files and contact information, process expense reports, ensure contracts and agreements are executed and routed appropriately.
- Provide coverage and support to other group administrators and partners with other support functions
- Responsible for organization and maintenance of reception area and conference rooms with other group administrators
- Prioritize conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, often with deadline pressures.
- Presence in the office Monday through Friday, with the willingness to respond after hours and on weekends as needed
- High School education required; Bachelor’s Degree highly preferred
- Typically requires a minimum of 2+ year’s general administrative experience, or equivalent combination of experience and college level education.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat
- Be a trusted partner, maintaining confidentiality and professionalism in all situations.
- Proven success building and maintaining relationships of trust, respect, and support with other administrative assistants
- Demonstrated poise, tact, and confidence when dealing with executives at the highest level in the company
- Discretion, diplomacy and excellent judgment; high degree of integrity when dealing with confidential and sensitive information
- Independent professional with strong analytical skills with ability to make critical decisions with limited guidance in support of Head of Pharmaceutics and other executives
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to interface with internal and external partners
- Be detail-oriented with high attention to detail, organization, and process
- Approachable, resourceful, a creative problem-solver, quick on your feet, out-of-the-box thinker
- Resilient, ability to manage multiple projects and deliver quality work to deadlines
- Supporting VP / SVP / C-Level Executives in a fast-paced and dynamic environment a plus
As an equal opportunity employer, ChemoCentryx, Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
ChemoCentryx, Inc. is enrolled in E-Verify® and participates in E-Verify® in addition to our Form I-9 process. www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.