ChemoCentryx is looking for an ambassador to candidates, new hires and existing employees. This is a great opportunity for someone with a passion for people, organization, and community. Playing a key tactical role throughout the employee lifecycle from hiring and on boarding to developing and off-boarding, this individual will deliver on operational excellence while maintaining high levels of confidentiality. To be successful in this role, this individual must have a process improvement mindset and confidently take ownership for driving all day-to-day HR operations.
What You’ll Do
- Primary HR contact for ChemoCentryx employees, responsible for answering questions and solving day-to-day problems for the organization accurately and in a timely manner
- Represent the recruiting team internally and externally, acting as an ambassador to candidates, fostering an overall positive candidate experience at ChemoCentryx
- Assist in building and maintaining a sourcing pipeline and candidate pool via networking, partnerships, research and social media tools
- Schedule interviews, coordinate travel arrangements and expense reimbursement as needed, and meet and greet candidates who arrive for interviews
- Coordinate pre-hire activities including drafting and circulating offer letters, background checks, drug screening, onboarding and sending out new hire paperwork; Process l-9s/E-Verify, conduct new hire orientations and address benefits/perks questions
- First point of contact for employee benefit issues
- Support administration of Leaves of Absence (FMLA/CFRA, PDL, Disability)
- Process personnel changes (acquire proper approvals, perform data entry, ensure changes are reflected in applicable internal systems)
- Off board employees/contractors by getting their departure paperwork prepared and assisting in the exit interview
- Create a consistent, positive work atmosphere through the communication and administration of HR policies and procedures
- Provide support for all HR programs and initiatives including benefits open enrollment, employee engagement initiatives, training, performance management and company events
- Maintain and organize employee facing resources – ensuring forms, policies and resources are up-to-date and easily accessible by employees
- Maintain and provide reports (staffing reports, headcount reports, org chart, demographics, etc.)
- Maintain and update HR data and personnel files
- Identify and drive process improvement efforts, leveraging systems and tools to automate and eliminate manual work where possible
Who You Are
- Flexible, fearless, and excited about your part in our growth
- You like to take on new challenges and don’t wait to be told to get started on something
- Proactive resourcefulness and initiative to ask questions coupled with the ability to self-manage work
- A utility player. You’re willing to help wherever needed with a client service mindset
- Great sense of humor
What We Look For
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 2+ years of related internship/work experience in HR or Talent Acquisition
- Experience in recruiting and scheduling, experience recruiting in biotech, pharma industries a plus
- aPHR or similar certification is an advantage
- Broad knowledge of HR principles and best practices
- Basic knowledge of California and federal labor law (FMLA/CFRA, ERISA, wage and hour, EEO, OFCCP, ADA, employment/immigration laws, etc.) preferred
- Proficient in MS Office
- Working knowledge of HR systems, benefits plans and payroll processes preferred
- Exceptional people skills. Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills are a must.
- A high level of discretion and the ability to appropriately manage confidential information
- Outstanding follow-through, self-directed and highly motivated with a strong sense of urgency
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Genuine team player with an interest in building community and authentic relationships
As an equal opportunity employer, ChemoCentryx, Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster.
In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 197 4, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
ChemoCentryx, Inc. is enrolled in E-Verify® and participates in E-Verify® in addition to our Form 1-9 process. www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
To all recruitment agencies: ChemoCentryx, Inc. does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not be responsible for the payment of placement fees related to unsolicited resumes submitted to open positions, job aliases, or to our employees.