PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND THE REASON FOR COLLECTION
- Our Websites
When you visit the ChemoCentryx sites, our servers may automatically log the standard data provided by your web browser. This information may include your Internet Protocol address, your browser type, the pages you visit, and the times and location of your visit. This information is collected in order to learn about how you use the ChemoCentryx sites, for internal business and marketing purposes, to improve our Services, for security monitoring purposes and to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
- Google Analytics. We partner with Google Analytics to track and report website traffic and usage based on your web usage or your computer’s browsing activity over time and across websites. You can read more about how Google Analytics uses your information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
The ChemoCentryx sites currently do not support certain browser settings or otherwise respond to browser Do Not Track requests.
- When You Contact Us. Users can request to receive email alerts regarding our Services, access to resources, information, and regular email alerts. You may also send us specific inquiries through any of our methods of contact, which may include third party service providers. We (or our service providers) may collect names, usernames, email addresses, and any other personal information provided by a user when you contact us. Please do not provide personal health information related to you or others through non-secure website forms or e-mails. Collected information is used to fulfill your request for additional information related to ChemoCentryx, our disease states, our products or our Services, and we use the information to adequately address your questions, comments and concerns or provide you with the most relevant material. We will also disclose this information when required by law (for example, adverse event reporting). At the aggregate level, we may use this information to make general improvements to our products or services, to analyze and understand users and frequently asked questions, and for other business analysis.
- Through Third Parties. We may collect additional data from third parties, such as Healthcare Providers (HCPs), patients, public databases, references and referral sources, patient advocacy groups, study sites, and data aggregators and management systems.
- Notice to Healthcare Providers (HCPs) and Patients and Caregivers. We may collect additional categories of data regarding HCPs or patients and caregivers, in order to personalize our interactions with you, to protect our rights or interests or those of others, to provide patient support services (which may include claims, authorizations or reimbursement information, informational needs or other assistance), to provide grants, sponsorships or other opportunities, or to promote our business or research, and for internal business analysis (i.e., aggregate data regarding metrics). We may also collect or disclose this information as required by law. For example, we may collect or disclose information related to our obligations to monitor adverse events and product complaints, to comply with transparency or transfer-of-value disclosure rules, to respond to legal processes or government inquiries, or for monitoring fraud and abuse and compliance with laws.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
We do not sell your personal information to third parties. We may, however, disclose your personal information to third party service providers who assist us with information technology services, data storage (i.e., cloud and software applications), analytics, marketing or advertising providers, human resources and workforce management services. We may also share your personal information as necessary to: i) satisfy any applicable law; ii) comply with a civil, criminal, or regulatory inquiry, investigation, subpoena, or summons by federal, state, or local authorities; iii) cooperate with law enforcement agencies concerning conduct or activity that we reasonably and in good faith believe may violate any applicable law; or iv) exercise or defend legal claims or allegations. Further, we may transfer to a third party personal information in the event of a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, or other transaction in which a third party assumes control of all or part of our business. Lastly, we may share personal information with other parties, as long as the information has been deidentified or aggregated. Such information does not identify you.
RETENTION AND PROTECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will process your personal information lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner. Your personal information will be retained for the time necessary to fulfill the above-referenced purposes for which it was collected and processed. Further, we have implemented and maintain reasonable security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of the information to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, theft, or disclosure. We will notify you if there is a breach of our security where required by law and when deemed necessary and appropriate.
The ChemoCentryx sites are not designed for use for those under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13. If we have discovered that we have collected any personal information from individuals under the age of 13, we will remove that information from our records.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
As of January 1, 2020, California residents may exercise certain privacy rights pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”). We describe below those rights available to California residents.
- Right To Know About Personal Information Collected or Disclosed
California residents have the right to request more information regarding the collection, use and sharing of their personal information for the preceding 12 months. To the extent applicable, you have the right to:
- The categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which we have collected your personal information.
- The business or commercial purpose for which we have collected your personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we shared your personal information.
- The categories of personal information that we have shared with third parties about you for a business purpose.
You may submit a request for the information above by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling us, toll-free, at 1-833-828-2436.
- Right To Request Deletion Of Your Personal Information
You have the right to request the deletion of your personal information collected or maintained by us. Once we receive your request, we will let you know what, if any, personal information we can delete from our records, and we will direct any service providers with whom we shared your personal information to also delete your personal information from their records.There may be circumstances where we cannot delete your personal information or direct service providers to delete your personal information from their records. Some of these instances include, but are not limited to, if we need to: (i) retain your personal information to complete a transaction or provide a good or service; (ii) detect security incidents, protect against fraudulent or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for that activity; (iii) debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality; (iv) exercise free speech or ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right to free speech; (v) comply with the law; and (vi) use your personal information for internal and lawful purposes.
You may submit a request to delete your personal information by emailing us at email@example.com or calling us, toll-free, at 1-833-828-2436.
- Right To Opt-Out of the Sale of Personal Information
We do not and will not sell your personal information to third parties. As such, there is no need to submit a request for us to not sell your personal information. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.
- Right To Non-Discrimination for the Exercise of Your Privacy Rights
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights under the CCPA.
HOW TO CONTACT US
You may contact us at:
Chief Compliance Officer
835 Industrial Rd.
San Carlos, CA 94070
By toll-free phone number: 1-833-828-2436
By e-mail: Privacy@ChemoCentryx.com
LAST UPDATED AND EFFECTIVE DATE